It is an unfortunate reality that the tree trimming industry is filled with scammers that offer low-quality services at high expense. So how do you ensure that you are working with a qualified and reliable professional when you’re in need of tree trimming in Clinton County, NY?
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your tree trimming services:
- Look for companies that are properly insured: Reputable tree trimmers will always have appropriate liability and workers’ compensation insurance. You can ask to have copies of these certificates of insurance sent directly to you, straight from the tree service’s insurance agency. Otherwise, if it comes from the tree trimming service itself, it could be a fraudulent certificate. A valid insurance policy shows the company you are working with is responsible and will be able to cover any accident scenario that arises.
- Investigate the company’s reputation: Do some research to determine the quality of reputation the tree trimming service has in the local area. Look for positive reviews on sites like Yelp, Angie’s List and Google Reviews, and see if the company is a member of reputable trade organizations, like the International Society of Arboriculture and the Tree Care Industry Association. If you find any negative reviews, do some digging to find out why there was a negative review and how the company responded to it.
- Look at prices: If services appear so cheap that it is too good to be true, it most likely is. Companies that offer extremely low prices are likely to either have little experience in the job or do not have the proper insurance or certifications. Likewise, if the prices appear abnormally high, do not feel bad about walking away—there are likely other, more reasonably priced services in your area that will provide you with good quality tree trimming. You can get a better sense of the quality of your estimates by getting quotes from multiple companies.
- Do not work with companies that go door to door: Door-to-door contractors are almost never reliable. Attorneys and the Better Business Bureau constantly warn homeowners against door-to-door contractors, as they tend to be con artists who prey on people who do not know any better. Plus, getting tree trimming work after making a spur-of-the-moment decision is almost never going to be a good idea.
- Be careful when finding services after a disaster: Natural disasters like tornados, big storms and hurricanes often bring out the worst con artist contractors, because they know many people will be in need of tree services. You may be in need of the services relatively quickly, but it is still important that you do your due diligence in researching the company and its reputation before deciding to go with them.
These are just a few tips to help you get the best providers of tree trimming in Clinton County, NY. Contact us today at Rand Hill Lawns Inc. for more information about our high quality services!
Categorised in: Tree Trimming