Even though it’s wintertime, you might already be envisioning what springtime will hold for your lawn and garden. You might even be looking into different methods for promoting healthy, lush lawn growth. If this is the case, you might have heard of hydroseeding in Clinton County, NY. Hydroseeding is a common grass seeding method that can be used to produce vibrant lawns that look fantastic and can even help control erosion.
Before you decide whether investing in hydroseeding is right for you, you should consider the basics of this seeding method and find out the answers to some of the most common questions about hydroseeding. Having some additional information about the method can give you more insight into what you can expect from hydroseeding at your home or business:
- What does the hydroseeding process entail? Hydroseed is made from the combination of various components including mulch, fertilizer, grass seed and a bonding agent, which are combined with water in a large tank. This combination creates a slurry that is sprayed onto soil to promote growth.
- What kind of maintenance is required for hydroseed? When you have hydroseed, you will have to take some steps to maintain it. Hydroseed needs to be watered a few times a day for several minutes at a time in the first three to four weeks after application. After this, the amount of watering will decrease as your hydroseed begins to take root.
- What is the growth rate of hydroseed? After hydroseed is applied, it only takes about a week for blades of grass to start appearing. After five weeks, the grass will be a few inches high and ready to be mowed for the first time. Hydroseed grass is considered to be fully established and ready for regular activities and use after seven to eight weeks.
- How can I prepare for hydroseeding? If you decide to invest in hydroseeding in Clinton County, NY, there are a few things you can do to prepare. You should do your best to clear the area where hydroseed will be applied. Remove any large rocks, debris and weeds, and consider putting in some quality topsoil to promote the best end results.
- Is there a right time to hydroseed? Even though hydroseeding can be done during most of the year, it is important to consider the weather and how it will impact grass growth. For the best results from hydroseeding, you should plan application during a period of time with mildly warm temperatures. If you want to have hydroseeding done during another time of the year, you can speak with a professional to determine the best course of action.
Enjoy a beautiful, lush lawn with professional hydroseeding in Clinton County, NY from Rand Hill Lawns Inc. We have specialized in a variety of outstanding services such as hydroseeding, lot clearing, excavation, fertilization, tree maintenance and more for decades. If you need help beautifying the outside of your home or business, we are the team to call. Reach out to us today—we would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Categorised in: Hydroseeding