A well-maintained yard is an integral part of an attractive looking home. Keeping the grass trimmed, bushes manicured and trees pruned will boost the overall appearance and can even drive up property values. Keeping everything looking healthy and green can be a time-consuming task, though, which is why many homeowners turn to a professional landscaper for help. But finding landscapers in Chazy, NY who provide high quality service at a reasonable price can be tricky.
Luckily, asking a few simple questions will help you to identify the best option. Here are six questions to ask each candidate to find the best landscaper for your particular job:
- Are you bonded and insured? This should always be the first question asked when working with any service company. Licensing and bonding protects the homeowner in the case any damage or any injury were to occur on the property during the course of the job.
- Are there industry specialists on staff? The project could require the expertise of a more specialized professional depending on the scope of work. Discuss whether they have any industry specialists on staff to assist with the specific needs of the project. This could include an arborist for trees or a horticulturist if plants must be placed.
- How long have you been in business? The most qualified landscaper will have a combination of both formal training and years of on-the-job experience. An experienced professional will have the knowledge to deal with any situation that might arise.
- Can you provide a drawing of the plans? A drawing will help you better understand exactly what the landscaper has in mind for your home or business property. It should accurately depict the proposed landscaping to scale, including height and the recommended positioning of plants and other features. This is also the perfect time to ask whether they have completed any similar projects in the past.
- When can I expect the project to be completed? Identify the estimated completion date before it ever becomes an issue. Some landscaping companies will put one project on hold to take care of another. Determine a clear timetable before work begins so you’re not stuck waiting while they finish another landscaping job.
- Do you offer a guarantee? A reputable landscaping company will offer a guarantee on the work for approximately two to five years. They may also provide an additional warranty on any plants that will provide a replacement if they fail to take root within the first year of growth. The warranties provide you with peace of mind in case anything were to go wrong within the outlined time period.
Hiring reputable landscapers in Chazy, NY doesn’t have to be difficult. Just call the experienced team at Rand Hill Lawns Inc. We handle everything from general lawn care and maintenance to complete landscaping, excavating, paving, fertilizing and more, and we’ve been in business since 1986, serving a wide variety of residential and commercial customers. Call us today for a free estimate!
Categorised in: Landscaping