Summer Landscaping Tips
Summer is the time of year that you want your lawn looking its best. After all, the next few months are when you’ll be outside enjoying your property as much as possible. The problem is caring for your yard throughout the summer. Brutal summer heat and lack of rain wreak havoc on lawns across the country. The good news is that we’re here to help! Continue reading to learn a few tips about summer lawn care from the experts at Rand Hill Lawns, Inc.:
- Tree care: Sudden summer storms provide some much-needed rain, but those strong winds and heavy rains can cause some major damage to your property, especially if your trees aren’t ready to handle the storms. Instead of risking branches falling on your home during a massive storm, schedule tree trimming in Chazy, NY. We can trim those long branches that are most susceptible to strong winds and heavy rain. Trimming your trees now may save you thousands of dollars in property damage.
- Grass care: An overgrown lawn looks horrible and makes you look like a neglectful homeowner. On the flip side of that, grass that’s cut too short during the summer is sure to die. Cutting your lawn too short or mowing too often will dry out the grass and lead to weed growth. Set your blade higher during the summer months to keep your grass looking great, even if it is a bit longer.
- Only water when necessary: Contrary to popular belief, there’s no need to water your lawn and garden each day during the summer. In fact, over-watering can lead to fungus and disease. That being said, make sure you water deeply every time you break out the hose. Ensuring water penetrates the soil without evaporating first will promote growth and give you a lush and green yard. Give us a call today to learn more about setting up a watering schedule on your property.
- Plant hot season vegetables: Growing your own vegetables can be challenging, but there’s nothing quite like cooking with veggies that are fresh from your own garden! Before you go out and plant anything and everything, purchase vegetable seeds that’ll actually grow on hot summer days. Okra, sweet potatoes, chili peppers and eggplant are just a few of the veggies that can thrive on hot and sunny summer afternoons.
- Watch for pests: Mites and other garden bugs are a problem throughout the year, but these pests present a much more significant threat to your plants during the dog days of summer if your lawn is affected by drought. Plants that are weak from a lack of water don’t bounce back from pest attacks as well as they usually would. For that reason, it’s important to be extra vigilant this summer. It’s okay if you don’t know what to look for when it comes to pests—we’ll inspect all of your plants when you hire us for tree trimming in Chazy, NY.
Make sure your lawn and plants thrive this year with help from Rand Hill Lawns, Inc. If you think your lawn is struggling, or if you think it could look better, give us a call today. We can handle all of your landscaping needs to ensure you have the best-looking yard on the block throughout the year.
Categorised in: Tree Trimming