Important Things to Look for When Hiring a Tree Service
Hiring a professional tree service is the best way to ensure you have a great-looking lawn without all of the back-breaking labor that goes into it. With this in mind, who should you choose to inspect, trim, plant and generally take care of the trees on your property?
There are plenty of companies that offer tree trimming in Clinton County, NY, and they all look pretty similar on the surface. Unfortunately, looks can be deceiving—some companies are much more reliable, trustworthy and affordable than others. This post will help you ensure that you choose the best tree service to work on your property:
- Check credentials: The last thing you want is a team of amateurs coming out to your property and trimming your trees. What if they don’t know what they’re doing and end up harming (or even killing) your trees? Check each landscaper’s qualifications and licensing.
- Look up insurance: Needless to say, tree trimming in Clinton County, NY is far from the safest job out there. From falls to severed limbs to a branch falling on your home, there’s a whole lot that can go wrong during tree trimming. If and when something goes awry, you’ll want to make sure that the landscaper has insurance to cover it. You’re liable for any accidents that take place on your property if the landscaper is uninsured.
- Request referrals: Who has this landscaper worked with in the past? Unless they’re a brand-new business, they should be ready to give you a list of satisfied customers to call. Anyone who’s hesitant to do so might not be the best choice for your property.
- Read online reviews: Websites like Yelp and Angie’s List are invaluable resources for finding a good landscaper. Even if you do get some referrals, it doesn’t hurt to get online and read a company’s reviews. Always choose a company that has a number of five-star reviews and plenty of nice comments about them.
- Get an estimate: Now that you have a reliable team in mind, have them come to your property to give you a quote. The crucial thing to remember is that this needs to be a written estimate, not just a verbal one.
- Compare prices: There’s no reason to go with the first company that gives you an estimate. Instead, get a few quotes from other seemingly reliable landscapers, and go with whichever company seems to be ready to give you the best results for your money.
- Ask about equipment: What kind of gear does the company use? Is it top-of-the-line equipment, or do they just use any old tools that they can get their hands on? The equipment used isn’t nearly as important as the person using it, but reputable companies often use high-end gear.
If you want the best tree service in town, look no further than Rand Hill Lawns, Inc. Whether you need someone for tree trimming in Clinton County, NY or to design some new landscaping features for your property, we’re the ideal team for the job!
Categorised in: Tree Trimming