Want to give the curb appeal of your home a dramatic upgrade? Working with professional landscapers can be the best way to transform your outdoor spaces from ordinary to extraordinary. There are so many options to add a lot of character and natural beauty to your home, and professional landscapers can give you suggestions that are customized to fit your home’s character.
Of course, if you’ve never worked with a landscaping contractor before, selecting one for your property might feel a bit overwhelming at first. With this in mind, here are a few tips to help you select the right landscapers in Clinton County, NY:
- Have an idea of what you want to do: Before you even begin researching or reaching out to potential landscapers, it’s important to spend some time thinking about exactly what your landscaping goals entail. This way you can narrow down your choices based on what the landscapers specialize in, or the kinds of services they do and don’t offer, before you even start to dig into more in-depth research.
- Do your research: Once you know what you’re looking for, you can start researching options for landscaping contractors in your area, and compare them to each other based on the kinds of services and prices they offer. You should always be suspicious of any contractor that offers their services at a significantly lower cost than anyone else in the area—you very frequently get what you pay for when it comes to your landscaping. You should especially focus on companies that provide a variety of landscaping services and can give you references from past clients.
- Get recommendations: If you know anyone who works with professional landscapers, ask for their advice and recommendations. You can generally trust references from people you know, especially if they’re close friends or family. These reviews are always going to be more trustworthy than anonymous online reviews, though those review sites do have at least some merit to them as well.
- Find one that’s easy to work with: When you first reach out to a prospective landscaper, you should pay attention to not only their experience and service offerings, but also to their personality. Ideally, you’ll choose to work with someone who is great with communication, who cares about helping you meet your goals, who’s willing to work with the ideas you provide, who clearly has a creative mind for the job and who is patient and understanding with you. It should be a major red flag if communication is difficult or if the contractor does not seem pleasant to work with.
- Look for professionalism: Beyond personality, professionalism is also a key characteristic to search for in a contractor. You can check for professionalism by finding out how long the company has been in business, gauging the kind of Better Business Bureau rating the company has and researching their testimonials, satisfaction guarantees and memberships with various professional organizations.
For more information about how to choose the right landscapers in Clinton County, NY, contact Rand Hill Lawns, Inc. today.
Categorised in: Landscapers