Your Spring Yard Maintenance Checklist
Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow on Groundhog Day, so as the tradition goes, we should see an early spring in 2020! With spring right around the corner, there’s never been a better time to start planning your spring landscaping schedule. Continue reading these few landscaping tips in Chazy, NY to see what needs to be done this spring:
- Rake: Raking up fallen leaves is traditionally a fall lawn care task. However, it’s a good idea to do it in the spring, too. Raking up excess leaves and dead grass helps promote a strong and healthy lawn later in the spring and into the summer.
- Overseed: If you have any bare spots in your lawn, springtime is a good time to fix them by overseeding. For best results, apply a slow-release nitrogen fertilizer with the seed.
- Aerate: Compacted soil needs to be aerated to allow water, nutrients and oxygen down into the ground. Late spring is the best time to aerate a lawn of warm-season grasses.
- Weed: Dandelions, clover, crabgrass and any other weeds will have to go. Pull them up as you see them, or apply pre-emergent pesticides to kill them before they grow.
- Fertilize: Three weeks after your grass turns green is the best time to apply spring fertilizer. Applying fertilizer too early runs the risk of feeding the weeds mentioned above instead of your grass.
- Water: Spring rainstorms should provide enough water for your grass and plants, but that doesn’t always suffice. Talk to your lawn care expert to see if you should be watering any areas of your lawn.
- Mow: As soon as your grass gets tall enough, you’ll need to fire up the lawnmower and get back to work. Be sure to cut your grass to the proper height—about three inches—to avoid weed growth, stress and other problems.
Call our team at Rand Hill Lawns, Inc.!
One of the best landscaping tips in Chazy, NY is to hire our professionals at Rand Hill Lawns, Inc. instead of doing it yourself. Here are a few of the reasons to hire our team:
- Ensure a beautiful lawn: If you want the greenest grass, lushest shrubs and most beautiful flowers, be sure to hire our professionals! We have years of industry experience to bring out the best in your property.
- Save your time: Getting a beautiful lawn by yourself is possible, as long as you have hours to spend outside each week. If that’s not the case, you’ll want to bring in the pros to handle the dirty work for you. Whatever the job may be, you can count on us to tackle it.
- The right tools: You may have a mower and weed whacker in your garage, but do you have an aerator or an overseeder? If not, you won’t be able to achieve the lawn of your dreams. We have all of the necessary gear to get your lawn in tip-top shape.
Spring will be here before we know it, and you’ll need residential landscaping services once again. Give us a call today to set up an appointment or to learn more landscaping tips in Chazy, NY.
Categorised in: Landscaping