At a time when many people are looking for new summer hobbies to keep themselves occupied at home, gardening is increasing in popularity. Whether you’re trying to whip your yard into shape for the summer months or you want to start a garden for the very first time, there are a lot of ways to approach gardening and landscaping during the summertime. Keep reading for some helpful tips from a trusted landscaping company in Chazy, NY.
Here are a few of the best tips to help you get started with summer gardening and landscaping:
- Inspect your lawn and garden: Before getting started with lawn or garden care, it’s important to inspect your property so you know what you’re dealing with. Look for weeds, overgrown plants, insect infestation and diseased plants or trees. This will give you a much better idea of how to move forward with gardening or landscaping during the summer months.
- Gather the right tools: The right tools can make all the difference when it comes to outcomes for your lawn and garden. Make sure you have all the tools you need before you get started with gardening. It’s also a good idea to prepare your tools by doing things like sharpening mower blades and making sure everything is in good working order.
- Wait for major changes: Midsummer is not the best time to make major changes to your garden or landscaping. Hot, dry conditions can put stress on grass, trees and other plants and make them more susceptible to disturbance during landscaping renovations. Instead, wait until August or September once temperatures have cooled down to make big changes to your landscape or garden.
- Water properly: Keeping your lawn green during the summer months can be a challenge. To ensure your grass is as healthy as possible, it’s important to follow proper watering recommendations. Water the lawn in the morning when it’s cool to give your grass plenty of time to soak it up before the sun dries things out.
- Keep grass long: Longer grass grows deeper, stronger roots and makes lawns more resilient to a variety of weather conditions. During the summer months, leave your grass a little bit longer to reduce harm and keep it healthy on hot days. Keep your grass at 2.5 inches or taller for the best results during the summer months.
- Leave grass clippings: Grass clippings contain beneficial components that can keep lawns healthy. Instead of disposing of your clippings after mowing, leave them on the lawn to reinvigorate your grass and improve growth during the summer months.
Hire a trusted landscaping company in Chazy, NY
Get help with garden care and landscaping by contacting Rand Hill Lawns, Inc. We are a trusted landscaping company in Chazy, NY with decades of experience providing commercial and residential landscaping services for customers throughout our community. As a family owned and operated company, we are committed to providing the best results possible for our customers. Find out more about our services and schedule an appointment by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: Landscaping